The Mission of the Oregon Society of Artists is to promote the visual arts in the diverse communities of our region, with educational and exhibition opportunities for artists at all levels of accomplishment.
- classes for every level of ability and every age, covering a wide range of media including: watercolor, acrylics, oils, “Procreate” for iPad, sketching, life drawing, sculpture, calligraphy, open studios and more
- classes are offered in-person, on Zoom or both, as a hybrid
- single "Art In a Day" and multi-day weekend workshops presented two to four times per month. Workshop instructors are nationally known, and many come from across the country to offer new perspectives and opportunities to our local artists
- monthly “Friday Fun!” events. These are great interactive evenings led by local artists and featuring a variety of non-traditional artmaking. In the summer they are held in our parking lot
- quarterly seminars on subjects relating to art framing, matting, marketing, etc.
- an opportunity for artists of all levels to exhibit and sell their work in 12 juried or non-juried shows throughout the year. These are held simultaneously in the Gallery at OSA and on our virtual Gallery
- access to an extensive library of art related books, from history to “how-to”
Click HERE for a virtual tour, courtesy of Elaine Pawski, OSA iPad art instructor. Note: this was produced in 2019, we have since remodeled and cleaned up the lower level classroom space.
OSA was established in 1926. Read our history.
At OSA, we support diversity and creativity. Our staff and board are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to make OSA a place where all feel welcome.
2021 OSA Board of Directors:
2185 S.W. Park Place
Portland, Oregon 97205